Boat titles and boat registrations are issued by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission. Please visit www.fish.state.pa.us for additional information.
Temporary registrations and temporary decals (t-stickers) can be issued from our office. Below you will find some guidelines provided by the PA Fish and Boat commission for the types of boats that must be titled and registered. Please keep in mind that once a boat is titled, it must remain titled.
What Boats Need to be Registered?
- Any boat powered by a gasoline, diesel, or electric motor
- Vessels documented by the U.S. Coast Guard for recreational purposes. Documented vessels are large pleasure boats such as yachts.
- Boats such as sailboats that use gasoline, diesel or electric motors for auxiliary power.
What Boats Need to be Titled?
- Powered by an inboard motor, including personal watercraft, 1997 model year or newer.
- Powered by an outboard motor, 14 feet or longer, 1997 model year or newer.
- Currently titled in Pennsylvania
- Currently titled in another state when Pennsyvania becomes the state of primary use.
Boat Registration Renewals
Boat registration renewals are processed in our office through a messenger service. Boat Registrations are renewed on a 2-year cycle and expire on March 31 of the 2nd year. The PA Fish and Boat Commission will send a renewal card to the registered owner of the boat before expiration.
PFBC and Service Fees Apply
If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you.