Motor Vehicle & Driver's License
PA Fish & Boat Commission
Apportioned Registration
New Residents
Special Plates
PennDot Forms
Contact Us

    Pennsylvania Fish & Boat  


Boat titles and boat registrations are issued by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission. Please visit www.fish.state.pa.us for additional information.

Temporary registrations and temporary decals (t-stickers) can be issued from our office. Below you will find some guidelines provided by the PA Fish and Boat commission for the types of boats that must be titled and registered. Please keep in mind that once a boat is titled, it must remain titled.

What Boats Need to be Registered?

     - Any boat powered by a gasoline, diesel, or 
       electric motor

     - Vessels documented by the U.S. Coast Guard 
       for recreational purposes. Documented vessels 
       are large pleasure boats such as yachts. 

     - Boats such as sailboats that use gasoline, diesel 
       or electric motors for auxiliary power.

What Boats Need to be Titled?

     - Powered by an inboard motor, including 
       personal watercraft, 1997 model year or newer.

     - Powered by an outboard motor, 14 feet or 
       longer, 1997 model year or newer.

     - Currently titled in Pennsylvania

     - Currently titled in another state when 
       Pennsyvania becomes the state of primary use.

Boat Registration Renewals

Boat registration renewals are processed in our office through a messenger service. Boat Registrations are renewed on a 2-year cycle and expire on March 31 of the 2nd year. The PA Fish and Boat Commission will send a renewal card to the registered owner of the boat before expiration. 

                PFBC and Service Fees Apply

If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you.
Site Map